Request for Proposals External
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Training for Employees
Youturn – Youth Support Services invites proposals from qualified and experienced businesses, consultants or facilitators with expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion training. Youturn is an accredited, non-profit agency established in 1989. The agency provides evidence-informed, individualized services to vulnerable youth 12-24yrs with complex needs and their families in Eastern Ontario. Services are bilingual and address physical, emotional, social and educational needs with a goal to help youth succeed. More information about our program and services can be found on our website www.youturn.ca
Scope of Work:
Goals for the training are focused on increasing awareness and learnings about impact of racism; creating a more inclusive workplace and ensuring staff deliver programs and services that are sensitive, inclusive and run without bias.
By the end of the training staff will have built a better understanding of the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and how to create a safe environment for staff and clients.
- Identifying terms
- Learning the importance of and forms of inclusive language
- Knowledge of how to create and maintain anti-racist practice
- Self-examination of racial and unconscious bias, privilege and systemic discrimination
- Examining the impact of racism on mental health and sense of safety/inclusion/belonging among staff and clients.
- Strategies to create and deliver culturally relevant programs and services
- Mechanisms to create culturally safe spaces for colleagues and clients
Project Timeline: January 3rd – March 31, 2023
- An advanced degree and least 5 years experience in anti-racism initiatives, antioppression, decolonial frameworks, training, strategy implementation.
- Experience facilitation trainings in the non-profit, social service sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop presentations in plain language
- Your qualifications (0.5-1 page)
- A description of how the work will be carried out (2-3 pages)
- A proposed budget outlining all costs including facilitation, materials and resources (1 page)
RFP Submission Deadline: November 25, 2022 by 5:00pm to [email protected]